- This page is about the gene. You were looking for the mutant, See Saber (Mutant).
How to obtain
Upon your start with Mutants - Genetic Gladiators you are asked to choose two Mutants from three. Later in the initial tutorial, you will get the remaining mutant type, so you should have the Warrior in any case shortly after walking through the tutorial.
Saber mutants do have following attack/defense bonuses:
- +50% damage against and takes 50% less damage from Mythic opponents
- +25% damage against and takes 25% less damage from Necro opponents
Note: Above Bonuses are in effect if your mutant is primary Saber and/or uses a Saber attack.
Saber mutants do have following attack/defense penalties:
- -50% damage against and takes 50% more damage from Zoomorph opponents
- -25% damage against and takes 25% more damage from Cyber opponents
Note: Above Penalties are in effect if your mutant is primary Saber and/or uses a Saber attack.
Saber compounds are able to keep up to 4 primary or secondary Saber mutants.
- 2 (7x7 grid size), 5,000
- 3 (8x8 grid size), 15,000 (requires Fame Level ??)
- 4 (9x9 grid size), 25,000 (requires Fame Level ??)
There are two strategies you could follow as secondary mutant type:
- elimination of mutants with the largest bonuses against you. Saber mutants are weak against Zoomorph opponents, so you could use a Cyber as secondary mutant type. Beginning at level 5, you are able to get rid of Zoomorph mutants this way before they get rid of your mutant.
- maximizing utility. While you mutant will always be weak against Zoomorph and Cyber, you can use a Galactic secondary type to avoid damage output penalties (Galactic covers Cyber and Zoomorph). In these cases you will always deal at least "normal" damage beginning at mutant level 5.
List of Saber mutants
Please refer to the Category below to view all Saber mutants: