Orbs are a new feature to the game which was introduced in April of 2015 to add more complexity and strategy to the battles. Orbs are items that can be equipped to mutants to increase their strength. There are two types of Orbs: Basic and Special.
Basic orbs increase health and attack stats or the percentages of existing abilities. They are usually beige or yellow in appearance for Attack or Health and gray or blue colored in appearance for Abilties.
Special orbs grant new abilities or increase a mutant's speed stat. They are usually purple colored with an orange center.
Depending on the category of a mutant, a mutant can hold one to three orbs maximum.
- Breedable non-Rare Mutants will have only one normal orb slot available (regardless of star or level).
- Breedable Rare Mutants will have one normal orb slot and one special orb slot available (regardless of star or level).
- PVP and Secret Mutants will have two normal orb slots available and one locked special orb slot, which can be unlocked at the cost of 20 Gold.(regardless of star or level)
- Legendary, Zodiac and Seasonal will have two normal orb slots and one special orb slot (regardless of star or level).
- some orbs can't be equipped by mutants as their genes do not fit somehow, example: the Gargantus(Zoomorph-Saber mutant) can not equip the Drain Life orb.
The exact percentages of stat increases are dependent on the level of the orb, the higher the level of the orb, the higher the stat increases are. Once a mutant is equipped with an orb, it cannot swap or or replace an orb without destroying the existing orb. It is also worth noting that orbs can be passed on to an offspring when you fusion two identical Gold mutants to make a Platinum mutant.
Orbs can be obtained for free as gifts from friends (Facebook only) or as rewards in PvP or PvE, but for the most part they are for purchase in the shop with Gold, starting from 70 to 300 Gold.
- NOTE : the special orb will always take over the other orbs. Meaning that if you once equip the mutant with a drain health and retaliate orb. Then you place another special retaliate orb and destroy it by putting a shield orb in it , either the drain health or retaliate orb will be deactivated. (mutant gene varies)