Mutants that bear this gene are usually undead and/or related to death/necromantic theme.
How to obtain
Upon your start with Mutants - Genetic Gladiators you are asked to choose two Mutants from three. Later in the initial tutorial, you will get the remaining mutant type, so you should have the Zombie in any case shortly after walking through the tutorial.
Necro mutants do have following attack/defense bonuses:
- +50% more damage against and takes 50% less damage from Galactic opponents
- +25% more damage against and takes 25% less damage from Cyber opponents
Note: Above Bonuses are in effect if your mutants is primary Necro and/or uses a Necro attack.
Necro mutants do have following attack/defense penalties:
- +50% less damage against and takes 50% more damage from Mythic opponents
- +25% less damage against and takes 25% more damage from Saber opponents
Note: Above Penalties are in effect if your mutants is primary Necro and/or uses a Necro attack.
Necro compounds are able to keep up to 4 primary or secondary Necro mutants.
- 2 (7x7 grid size), 5,000
- 3 (8x8 grid size), 15,000 (requires Fame Level ??)
- 4 (9x9 grid size), 25,000 (requires Fame Level ??)
There are two strategies you could follow as secondary mutant type:
- elimination of mutants with the largest bonuses against you. Necro mutants are weak against Mythic opponents, so you could use a Saber as secondary mutant type. Beginning at mutant level 5, you are able to get rid of Mythic mutants this way before they get rid of your mutant.
- maximizing utility. While your mutant will always be weak against Mythic and Saber, you can use a Zoomorph secondary type to avoid damage output penalties (Zoomorph covers Saber and Mythic). In these cases you will always deal at least "normal" damage beginning at mutant level 5.
List of Necro mutants
Please refer to the Category below to view all Necro mutants: