This mutant has the Boost ability, despite being a Saber mutant.
Appears to be a lean floating humanoid alien with an elongated cranium, with his arms crossed and swinging a robotic segmented tail with a spike on the tip.
- Attack: Medium
- Life: Average
- Speed: Fast
Apex is the perfect warrior. Urban created him from the cells of the most powerful gladiators in the history of the Gen-Arena. Each time he evolves, he changes his appearance to get closer and closer to the ultimate mutant.
- This mutant was inspired by several antogonist characters from the anime, Dragon Ball Z.
- The larva looks like Cell's larva form, and appears to be holding a Dragon Ball.
- The basic version resembles Pui Pui, a minor character from the Majin Buu saga.
- The Bronze version resembles Janemba's 2nd form, the main antogonist from the movie, Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.
- The Silver version resembles Cell's final form, the main antogonist from the Cell Saga.
- The Gold version resembles Cooler's final form, the main antogonist from the movie, Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge.
- The Platinum version resembles Frieza's Golden form
- Both of this mutant's attacks and pose resembles those used by Frieza, the main antogonist from the Frieza saga.
- "With no hands" is a reference to how Freiza originally tried to beat Goku by kicking him in the face repeatedly.
- This mutant's mutopedia entry is based on Cell's story in Dragon Ball Z Cell saga, where he's said to be a perfect being or warrior and his appearance changes everytime he evolves by absorbing the Androids.
- This mutant, alongside Commander Ender, are one of the first (Legendary) mutants to possess an ability that does not match it's primary gene.
- This mutant, alongside The Experiment, has highest attack stat of any "Fast" mutant.